Commercial catering services are usually used for weddings or other personal events where the foods are prepared and cooked beforehand and served to the guests. This makes it easy for the consumers as they do not have to search for the “best catering service in Auckland” or “Melbourne cup lunch near me” in the search engines.
Commercial catering services are affordable in rate, quicker, and maintain standard food safety. Moreover, food is the ultimate weapon to ensure human survival; hence it is more than necessary to opt for a business that fills the human tummy. The funny thing is that the pros and cons of owning a catering business are also present here. Starting or owning a food catering business will have benefits and drawbacks. Let us find out what draws customers towards catering and what obstacles might drive them away.
The Benefits of Commercial Catering Services:
- Although it is true that you will be getting phone calls in the commercial catering business at a constant rate, you will still be able to work as per your time. The timetable in a catering business is quite flexible. You are free to choose the number of orders so that it becomes flexible in managing the deadline. Moreover, you can postpone the schedule or adjust it per your choice. If you are the owner, you are bound to get an unlimited number of calls for appointments. However, you also hold power to say no if you like.
- As the owner, you directly interact with the clients regarding their events, the number of guests they will have, their preferred food choice, etc. You are handling every aspect of client management by yourself, and therefore, you are personally looking at each customer’s needs. If you are looking through the catering business by yourself at the initial stage, you will be able to provide quality standard food. This, in turn, will impress your customers, who will turn into your regular customer. Hence, it will improve your communication and expand your catering business simultaneously.
- You can decide when to take a break or give the kitchen an off day, and there will be no one to complain about it. Moreover, you can also decide the business’s payment system, like cash or check, pre-payment, etc. The most significant benefit is maintaining food safety at home without external contamination.
Drawbacks to Commercial Catering Services:
- If you are in your early years, there will be problems like an unsatisfied customer. If the service ends up below the satisfaction range of the customer, they can easily give a bad review which is not a good sign for first-timers.
- Clients might want more service at a low cost, which will be challenging to manage initially.
- The food handling and processing should be carefully done. Food contamination must be avoided if you want to avoid legal problems. This may not happen if you have insurance and a permit from the food safety department.
As mentioned before, there will be similar drawbacks and benefits. If the food business is maintained well regarding standards, increasing its use will not be challenging.